Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Shoveling and Your Back
Snow Shoveling and Your Back
The winter season brings with it snow that we can enjoy activities such as skiing, snowmobiling, or making snowmen just to name a few. There are also activities that we don’t enjoy so much particularly when the weather is cold such as shoveling snow off our sidewalks and driveways. The weight of the snow and the cold weather can cause back problems and sore muscles.
There are a few things that we can do to help prevent or reduce the stress on our back and bodies when shoveling snow.
- Stretch lightly before going outside
- Use a shovel that you can handle easily
- Don’t lift too much snow
- Push the snow rather than lifting and carrying the snow
- Take a break and catch your breath as needed
- If you have a large area to do, do some now and some later
- Keep your spine aligned by visiting your friendly chiropractor at our clinic
We are available Monday to Saturday at Family First Chiropractic and Wellness. Call us at 403-347-3261