Tuesday, February 27, 2018
Most of us will suffer from stiff, achy muscles, and numerous musculoskeletal pain conditions that are caused by ‘knots’. These ‘knots’ besides causing pain, weaken and limit the full functioning of a muscle. If left untreated, ‘knots’ can also compromise surrounding muscles, which are forced into compensatory patterns. This imbalance can create new trigger points, which can further set the stage for injury, additional pain, asymmetrical bodily appearance, as well as loss of muscle flexibility and strength.
Trigger point Therapy uses a variety of techniques to ‘deactivate’ these painful knots, using cycles of isolated pressure and release. Trigger point is generally simple to perform, by yourself, with a partner, or by working with a trained therapist. For most musculoskeletal conditions, a combination of trigger point therapy together with some simple lifestyle changes will produce quick and lasting results.
Guy Lacoursiere practices at Family First Chiropractic and Wellness, located at 142 Erickson Drive. Call 403-347-3261 to book an appointment, or visit us online at 403-347-3261!
Tuesday, February 20, 2018
Do you struggle with pain and stress that won’t go away? Maybe you feel constantly “charged” and can’t relax enough to experience a full night of uninterrupted, restful sleep. Or perhaps you can’t dial down your stress levels or take your mind off of your physical pain and discomfort long enough to incorporate self-care into your daily life.
Do any of these symptoms feel uncomfortably familiar to you?
- Head and neck pain
- Headaches and tmj dysfunction
- Inability to concentrate
- Chronic pain
If this is you, please know that you are not alone. CranioSacral therapy can gently give you relief from physical pain issues and emotional discomfort, allowing you to fully experience your life in a new way.
Jeanette Raskin CST, RMT takes appointments Tuesdays, Wednesday evenings, and Saturdays.
Call 403-347-3261 to book your appointment now.
Tuesday, February 06, 2018
If you answered yes to any of these questions then there’s a fair to good chance you would benefit from the Canadian Chiropractic . Fifteen minutes a day can be the first step in developing healthy habits that can help you achieve your fitness goals and maintain independence as you age.
The Fit-in 15 was developed by Canada’s chiropractors, experts in muscle and joint function, and champions of healthy living. They recognize that it can be hard to find time in a busy day to focus on your fitness. That’s why they created Fit-in 15, an easy and manageable way to start the habit.
1. Research studies show that people who have a distraction are more likely to stick with a fitness activity than people who don’t. If you are fitting in your fifteen minutes indoors, listen to the radio, play music you enjoy, or work-out while watching your favourite TV program. These are all pleasurable distractions that will make your fifteen minutes fly by and add to your enjoyment of fitting in time for yourself.
2. Research studies also tells us that people who get active with a buddy find it easier to stay active. Invite your partner, a friend, neighbour or relative, one of your children or the family dog to join you for a 15-minute walk or workout. Make it a time to talk, laugh and connect.
3. Decide on the best time of day to set aside time for your fifteen minutes. That way it becomes something to look forward to and you can schedule your other activities around your fifteen minutes. Keep to your scheduled time as much as possible.
4. Think of fitting in 15 minutes as a regular daily activity, like taking a shower in the morning. It can be easy to find reasons not to Fit-in 15—there are always so many other things to do. But the more you fit it in, the easier it gets until you hardly have to think about it.
5. Keep your fifteen minutes interesting by varying your activities. Try out the different ideas on the Fit-in 15 website or create new activities of your own.
Check out the website to build your own 15 minutes exercise routines from a menu of simple activities that target strength, flexibility, and cardiovascular health.
15 minutes a day will get you started on the way to many health benefits: Better heart health ; Improved circulation ; Greater flexibility and strength
If you’re having difficulty exercising, a chiropractor can evaluate your strength and flexibility and screen for anything that may limit your physical activities. Ask your chiropractor for an evaluation or