Tuesday, July 31, 2018

CranioSacral Therapy for Moms and Babies


I see many women come to me for CranioSacral Therapy while they are pregnant. Some women come to me to relieve pain or discomfort they experience; while others come just to support their bonding with baby and for wellness. All are good reasons for treatment. CranioSacral therapy can help relieve or decrease your pain as your body is transitioning and preparing for the baby. It can also help you decrease stress and increase bonding with your baby.

What do you do after baby is born though? I always encourage moms to bring in their babies after they are born as soon as they are able. The birth process can often be quite traumatic and even when it is not baby does have to transition to being out of the womb. Baby’s body needs to learn how to digest, deal with outside stimulation, and a host of other things we no longer think about. CranioSacral Therapy can help that transition.  Moms often can use therapy as well to help them recover from giving birth.

How does that look? Well I would recommend a half an hour for your baby and that will give me enough time to check their whole CranioSacral system and help correct problems they may have. I do encourage mom to book in as well, even if it is just for half an hour to help her transition after birth. I have had moms get treated with baby in a car seat beside the table and I have treated moms while they are holding their baby.  We work with whatever the situation requires.  It is beautiful to see and mother and baby leave the treatment room calmer and more content than they came in.

Jeannette Raskin practices at Family First Chiropractic, 142 Erickson Drive, Red Deer, Alberta.  403-347-3261. www.family1stchiro.ca.




No comments:

Post a Comment