Scientific research on coconut oil has revealed health benefits that affect your entire body, inside and out. You've heard good things about it and now you have a tub of it sitting in your pantry. I use it as massage oil. Here are 25 uses for this amazing oil.
1) Cooking at High Heat - Some oils are unsafe to cook with at high temperatures, coconut oil is a great alternative. Check out our Guide to Cooking Oils to compare healthy oils.
2) On Toast Instead of Butter - Simply use coconut oil instead of butter on your toast.
3) Eat it by the Spoonful - Coconut oil is that delicious and healthful. Enjoy one spoonful each morning.
4) Smoothies - Add one tablespoon of coconut oil into your favorite smoothie recipe and increase your energy with the oil's MCTs.
5) Fry Eggs - Lightly coat the bottom of your skillet with coconut oil to create a non-stick surface and delicious eggs.
6) Popping Popcorn
7) Popcorn Topping - Instead of butter, melt a little coconut oil and pour it over your popped popcorn. Then sprinkle lightly with Himalayan crystal salt.
8) Oven Baked Sweet Potato Chips
9) Replace Vegetable Oil for Baking - Next time you make your favorite brownie recipe, replace the vegetable oil with coconut oil. Your friends will be begging you for the recipe.
10) Pan Frying - Next time you fry up a batch of sweet potato fries or a piece of chicken, use coconut oil.
11) Grilled Cheese with Coconut Oil - No need for butter the next time you are making a grilled cheese sandwich.
12) Coconut Oil Coffee - Adding a spoonful to your coffee is a delicious way to start your day with a huge energy boost!
13) Homemade Granola
14) A Spoonful in Tea - Allow some coconut oil to melt and mildly flavor your next cup of tea.
15) Salad Dressings
16) Cheekbone Highlighter - Apply a small amount on cheekbones over makeup.
17) Shaving Lotion - Close shave and a moisturizer at the same time.
18) Facial Scrub - Combine coconut oil with Himalayan crystal salt and apply to face each night. Washing it off is optional.
19) Body Scrub - Combine coconut oil and sugar.
20) Makeup Remover - Healthier, stronger and longer eye lashes are just a bonus!
21) Homemade Deodorant
22) Homemade Lip Balm or Lip Gloss
23) Diaper Rash Cream - Apply regularly to the baby's bottom to improve skin health.
24) Stretch Mark Preventer During Pregnancy - This safe, healthy oil can be applied multiple times each day to help moisturize your stretching skin.
25) Massage Oil - Coconut oil is the perfect choice for a massage oil. Not too greasy and with a relaxing scent. This is the oil that I use for massages
Guy LacoursiereRMT is in Mon, Wed, Thur and Fridays, here at Family First Chiropractic. 142 Erickson Dr, Red Deer, AB. To schedule an appointment call us at 403-347-3261. www.family1stchiro.ca